More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with deep mobile experience to lead the design of new products on phone and tablet devices. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while designing solutions for an underserved customer base. You will lead strategic design projects and help shape the vision and execution of design at Granular, further honing our mobile design practice. You will work closely with all core Granular business units and products: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Data Science.This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Define best practices, design patterns and process for mobile design on new-to-the-market products, with the opportunity to expand that reach to our existing products as well
- Act as a resource and advocate for “mobile first” thinking throughout the organization
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product domain team, leading strategic design efforts
- Translate business problems and ideas into clear design solutions
- Distill complex tasks and workflows into intuitive, simple experiences
- Drive user research, wireframing, interaction design and prototyping for medium to large-scale mobile design projects
- Develop high-fidelity mockups and assets for your mobile projects, as needed
- Partner with engineering and our design systems team to create and scale our mobile design patterns
- Mentor and support designers on the team, with the opportunity to manage designers as the team grows
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6+ years of product design experience, with at least 3 years in mobile design
- Experience leading complex design projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Master at user experience design, user and usability research
- Strong understanding of front-end/UI technologies
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Willing to travel to our different offices and to visit customers on their farms (a few times a year)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with small business software/ business tools a plus
- Familiarity with agriculture / farming practices preferred, but certainly not required
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and people here!