Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager who knows how to define, validate and communicate a product vision. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You make the time to hone your own craft and contribute to the large product management community. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works. You understand that your obligation to the team is to make fast, concrete decisions despite conflicting priorities.
For this particular role, you will be the Product Manager of an engineering team connected to both R&D and Field teams, focused on test, benchmark, performance and chaos measurement of in-house and strategic partner solutions at a holistic level. Your job will be ensuring this team makes a real impact on the confidence of our customers in all our products, such that we remain a trusted partner for enterprise IT teams all over the world.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We’re building Cloud Foundry to be an opinionated platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software. Hundreds of companies rely on Pivotal Cloud Foundry to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace XP as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
• Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners and users of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Work with the team to drive product requirements, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
• Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
• Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our insights
• Actively engage customers and the larger open source community of users
• Organize outbound comms to internal and partner stakeholders on program progress and activities
• Work with the engineering team and graphic designer to implement and distribute test results data packets, supporting sales materials, website positioning materials and related dataset results communications
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years of product management or similar experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
• Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
• Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
• Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
• Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
• Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies
• Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
• Experience with test, benchmark, performance, and chaos measurement of complex systems.
• Understanding of the IT operations or software development space with a passion for understanding the life of Enterprise IT Operators and Application Developers