Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Be a lead part of world class engineering team connected to both R&D and Field teams, focused on test, benchmark, performance and chaos measurement of in-house and strategic partner solutions at a holistic level .
• Technical Lead for architecture, design and development of solutions to establish a world-class testing cloud based on in-house and partner technical elements
• Lead test and validation initiatives aimed at integrating partner infrastructure and Pivotal software
• Interact with members of the Pivotal and Partner Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Services
• Deliver relevant, timely reference architecture solutions while managing required system and software updates
• Use experience planning and managing projects to a schedule to predictably hit milestones
• Collaborate broadly across Partner engineering teams to define, drive and coordinate necessary technology components that enable Solution
• Identify and define system requirements through competitive analysis, collaboration, and hands-on Proofs of Concept.
• Prepare and present technical readouts to cross functions and executives on a regular basis
• Overall technical ownership of the “why we are testing” thought space, what the purpose is, what we’re testing for, what the payload is and what defines the limits and boundaries
• BS in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering and minimum 10-15 years experience in hardware design of complex electromechanical systems.
• Experience with Converged / Hyper-Converged infrastructure solution architecture. VCE/Dell EMC/ VMware strongly desired
• Proven experience and abilities across Compute, Storage and Networking technologies and the integration with enterprise and Open-source software technologies
• Ability to make risk calls, priority decisions, and work through others
• Designing DevOps solutions leveraging Docker/LXC containers and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Team player and self motivated for success
• Demonstrated history of leadership
• Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems