Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
- Build robust single page applications using TypeScript, Angular, modern libraries and tooling
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new features and beautiful interactive interfaces in mobile and desktop environments
- Build reusable front-end interfaces with various levels of abstraction
- Lead efforts to architect a modular and easily maintainable application infrastructure using sensible and appropriate technologies
- Facilitate quality by writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Design, build, and coordinate engineers to build complex features that affect large parts of the system or involve re-architecting existing systems
- Be responsible for the architecture, engineering, and success of our frontend
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience working on consumer-facing products
- Expert knowledge of AngularJs framework and component based architecture
- Expert knowledge of Angular, UpgradeModule, RxJS, and NgRX
- Expert knowledge of functional programming concepts
- Solid understanding of browser internals and DOM
- Solid understanding of CSS and Sass/SCSS
- Sensibility towards design and UX
Nice to Have
- Preferred educational Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through production launch.
- Interest and ability to learn other development languages as needed.
- A strong customer orientation.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- In office happy hour every Friday
- Monthly social events
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station.
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.