With our bespoke offices in the bustling heart of Woodstock, Rhino Africa, the leading online travel company in Africa, prides itself on being a pioneer in the travel and tech spheres. To keep us in the top spot, Rhino Africa’s data-hungry Business Intelligence team is tasked with building and running the systems which enable us to provide valuable insights that drive our business forward.
We are now seeking a full-time Junior BI Developer to join our rapidly expanding Business Intelligence team. Our ideal Junior BI Developer will have a thirst for experimenting with new tools and software, will be tech-minded and possess the gift of the gab.
Check out the latest spotlight article on our Head of Information Management for insight into life of a BI Developer at Rhino Africa!
The role will cover a broad range of responsibilities across all departments at Rhino Africa, including but not limited to the following:
- Designing, developing, testing and documenting ETL procedures
- Designing and implementing reporting solutions
- Assisting in data management and data integrity initiatives
- Aligning Key Performance Indicators, reporting and analytics
- Understanding system workflows and documenting key data flows
- Developing SQL scripts for ad-hoc requests and reports
- Addressing reporting issues at root cause level
- Continuously assess and document data quality
- Translating business needs into technical specifications
- Improving existing BI tools and procedures
Our ideal BI-savvy Developer will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Ideally, up to 1 year of experience with writing complex SQL queries
- 0-1 years of experience developing ETLs and using Data Integration tools (e.g. SSIS, Pentaho, Talend), or scripts
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including a proficiency for root-cause analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, formulas)
- Experience building business reports using Excel or BI tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Experience creating technical documentation
- A collaborative and creative approach to solving business issues while working with partner teams
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing or Dimensional Modeling concepts would be a big plus
- Knowledge of Java or Python would be advantageous
At Rhino Africa, there’s a wide (SELECT)ion of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join the BI team of the fastest growing company in travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Use your expertise to develop data which makes an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in incredible office space in the heart of Cape Town
- Make the most of travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback