We want to make it easy for anyone to find the fashion they're looking for, whatever their style. We’re doing this by building a truly global fashion search platform.
To get there, we need to create experiences that aren’t just engaging, but insanely useful. We want to help our users in a way that no one else can. This is where you come in!
We’re looking for an amazing Senior Product Designer to come and join our small but growing Design team in London.
Launched in London in 2010, Lyst connects millions of shoppers globally with items from over 12,000 designers and stores; from Burberry, Alexander McQueen and J.Crew, to Lane Crawford, Saks Fifth Avenue and Harrods.
The company has raised $60 million to date and is backed by a range of all-star investors including Accel Partners (Facebook, Spotify), Balderton (Yoox, Net-A-Porter) and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and Tory Burch.
This role will be working with the Retention squad shaping the UX and design for all our membership features and properties including website, sign up, account area and associated campaign software. This is an area undergoing a major overhaul, so this role will have a big and very visible impact to the overall experience.
As a Senior Product Designer you’ll:
- Work in cross-functional squads with Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to understand meaty problems and opportunities, and define the scope and requirements for a solution.
- Be in charge of a design from concepts, sketches and prototypes, all the way through to implementation.
- Have a strong point of view on the current design landscape, and know the right tool for the job. Whether that's sketching, Sketch, Framer, Invision or straight-up HTML.
- Work to understand any technical limitations, whilst always pushing the team to keep one eye on the future. We want you to help us take big leaps, as well as small steps, forward.
- Know that launching is never the end of the story, and partner with our Researchers and Product Managers to understand how people are using your designs, and iterate until you achieve the desired outcome.
As a senior member of the Design team you’ll also:
- Be comfortable taking the lead on large, important projects.
- Have strong product thinking skills, help shape our roadmap, and constantly look for ways to deliver a better experience to our users.
- Act as a mentor for other members of the team — proactively finding ways to help them level-up — as well as a strong advocate for design within the wider company.
- Play a big part in shaping the way we work, the tools we use, and the systems manage. We treat our team like a product and are always looking for ways to be more fulfilled and impactful. This can mean anything from investing in a new tool for updating our component library, to rolling something of our own to help get the job done better.
Our ideal person is someone who will:
- Have hands-on experience leading the design of complex digital products, working directly with Engineers & Product Managers — we love collaborating, and need someone who shares this belief!
- Have a strong portfolio of digital products, with real things live in the world. Got the full worts-and-all case study, with sketches, prototypes, and the ideas that didn’t make it? Even better!
- Have experience taking multiple inputs — user research, live data, commercial needs — and turning them into elegant experiences that fit the context of the project.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to people who ‘speak design’, and people who don’t.
- Have an active role in the design community, or experience mentoring other designers.
If you’re unsure if you fit the bill, apply anyway! You don’t need a degree for this role.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.