Product Owners at TransferGo play a critical role in bringing the customer into the design and building of our products. Fresh off of closing our $15M B funding round and the launch of the first completely free international transfer, TransferGo has built up momentum toward making our customers’ money truly borderless. Product owners combine insights into customer problems with business objectives to create clearly-articulated product concepts with clear goals and benefits. In addition, we partner with engineers, designers, data analysts and operations experts to ensure that we deliver useful, delightful and elegant products.
Our customers’ lives are increasingly becoming more global and TransferGo’s mission is to bring the best technology, the best service delivered locally and a talented team of professionals to help customers move money easily between countries and get the most value from our services they choose. With this strategy, we have make great progress in delighting customers (5 Star TrustPilot rating for our product and a world class Net Promoter Score) in over 47 countries. We are looking for a Product Owner to join our network and platform team to help our customers send money to the furthest reaches of the globe with confidence and speed.
We have offices in London, Vilnius, Berlin, Warsaw and Istanbul with our product owners working in our Vilnius offices. Travel to London and to meet network partners are arranged as needed.
What can a new product owner expect to do
The team is a critical piece of making the magic. What we expect product owners to do:
- Work closely with the business development team to gather insights into new countries and the local partners that support money services in those countries.
- Coordinate with the design team and the other product owners to ensure alignment with the desired user experiences with platform capabilities
- Partner with engineering to develop solutions for customer and business problems using the best available technology
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the business to ensure we have proper operational and legal support for the products we ship
- Write and groom user stories and manage execution
- Communicate effectively speaking and in writing to ensure that plans, progress and delivery are clearly understood across the organisation
What we are trying to hire
- A true problem solver--someone that likes the challenge of cracking a tough problem
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and clearly communicate them
- Strong English skills written and spoken is a must
- Technical competency--We do not need coders for this role but a university degree in a technical subject or a prior job in technology will help you succeed in this role
- Very organised and detail oriented
- Experience with agile product development techniques
- A data driven person--high degree of skill and comfort with analysis of data and interpretation
- 5+ years of business analyst and/or product owner experience
- Someone that cares about customers as well as their craft as a product manager
- Someone that likes us and someone we like. We are a close team and we are very candid. People that would be happy here should like to work in this type of environment.
- Experience with fintech is a plus
- Latest equipment needed;
- Highly skilled team members;
- Access and licenses to latest tools and technologies;
- Guaranteed yearly training budget;
- Friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment (pet friendly office, team events, snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings and events);
- Private health insurance (after 6 months of employment);
- 24 days of annual leave (instead of 20);