At our Glu Mobile studio in India, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game. We are a close-knit group who believes in a firm work life balance filled with family, and room for advancement for the future.
This 2D artist position would be for an undisclosed mobile game for women. Responsibilities would include replicating real-life makeup and hairstyles, digital painting and photobashing 2D assets, and creating marketing artwork. The 2D Artist would work closely with the Art Director and Content Team, and be a member of a talented in-house art team in Hyderabad.
- Work with the Art Director to create art assets for both new and existing IP
- Follow style guides, and assist in their creation when asked
- Create game-ready production assets based on concept art and direction (including but not limited to background, scene objects, clothing, animations, etc.)
- Follow production pipeline, ensure production art is created efficiently, and effectively integrated into products
- Export and assemble images from art files within prescribed technical parameters and protocols
- Assist with animation needs when necessary
- 0 - 2 + years of industry experience (experience in mobile games and/or social games a plus, experience with iOS games double-plus-good)
- Experience working with a variety of casual, approachable art styles
- A proven track record of art assets on projects that have made it to market (especially game projects)
- Degree or diploma in illustration, animation, or related field; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Unity is an asset
- Excellent 2D art and illustration skills (i.e. you live in Photoshop)
- Solid understanding of Flash animation and effects including classic and motion tweening
- Superior background art and character art in a range of casual styles
- Organized, meticulous, and thorough working habits
- Superior verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Ability to match various existing art styles and strongly differentiate between styles
- Some knowledge of contemporary fashion and/or interior design is an asset
- You have a passion for games, and a desire to be part of the future of mobile social games
- You're versatile, flexible, and willing to do what's needed in a fast-moving environment
- An interest in pop culture, celebrities, and fashion is a serious bonus!!
- You've got a superlative portfolio to illustrate everything listed under "Skills"
- Seriously, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.