Nielsen Bainbridge Group, a leading global consumer packaged goods company headquartered in Austin, TX is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor at The Home Decor Companies, (THDC) located in the Southaven, MS based office.
THDC a leading provider of moderately priced home décor products to mass, home improvement, discount and specialty retailers in North America. Our Southaven, MS facility, has over 500,000 square feet and shipping of more than $500M annually. You will manage the day-to-day operation in picking, staging, put-away, production, shipping & cycle count on the 2nd shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day operations: Picking, Production, Replenishment, Shipping, Put Away & Cycle Counts on 2nd shift
- Insures all Standard Operating Procedures are met
- Monitors work area to ensure productivity, quality and process standards are followed
- Ensures production standards are being met and resolves any production schedule issues
- Tracks and Reports on production, ship schedules, Work in Process
- Provides weekly status reports on production goals and productivity rates.
- Provides training to team members on all processes
- Maintains/Creates Standard Operating Procedures
- Resolves day to day production & employee issues
- Works to development Team Leads and work flow leaders
- Continuous and ongoing process implementation
- Prioritize Daily Schedule
- Prior warehouse supervision experience; WMS experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of lean, six sigma & the ability to use metrics to manage an area, department and shift.
- A team player who is professional, with demonstrated leadership skills to influence the department and implement and manage change.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Formulates effective goal-setting and develops employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of 5S, visual Management
- 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work unscheduled overtime
- Solid leadership skills with a track record of developing individuals and teams
- Ability to take imitative and lead change
- Ambition, a strong work ethic and an eagerness to learn
- Must have effective time management skills and the ability to handle multiple requests
- Must have clear and effective communication skills (written and verbal) in a cross functional environment
This job is performed in both an office environment and a non-air-conditioned warehouse.