Duty Stations: Gaziantep / Adana / Antakya.
Reporting to: Area coordinator (Technical line management by Finance Manager).
General Description of the Role:
To assist the GOAL field office in the implementation of activities through the management of cash and bank accounts, and the application of GOAL’s financial and administration systems.
Bank & Accounting
- Oversee petty cash maintenance and bank register maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorized and recorded;
- Reconcile floats and ensuring they are cleared on a regular basis;
- Maintain local excel cash books and bank books, ensuring all movements are recorded, reconciled and coded to appropriate donors and projects;
- Timely submission to Ankara finance of weekly and monthly requirements
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to GOAL procedures
- Review & reconcile physical cash to the cash tracking sheet daily, and to the cash book weekly;
- Assist to Finance Manager in preparation and distribute monthly payroll where required;
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Register Month Spot check for Month end files.
- Ensure authorization charts and local bank mandates are up to date
Documentation & Compliance monitoring
- Ensure maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Ensure proper filing of monthly vouchers and paperwork
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Support Finance Manager in review of Partner budgets
- Ensure all Partnership supporting documentation is submitted in a timely manner, and support Finance officer Ankara with review and reconciliation of finance reports
- Assist Finance officer Ankara with issue resolution with regards to Partner finance queries
Perform any other tasks that may be reasonable assigned by the line
- 0-1 years of finance experience (preferably in an NGO environment)
- Good written and spoken English and Turkish languages skills, with excellent communication and training skills, knowledge of Arabic would be an desirable
- Good demonstrable previous experience in general finance management and administration, NGO experience preferable
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, working knowledge of accounting system would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment;
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team.
Applications will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.