At drive.ai, we believe Deep Learning can help bring the first self-driving vehicles to market. Our goal is to improve people’s lives by transforming mobility in a cost effective way that can impact everyone, not just those buying automobiles at the very high end of the market. We’re looking for passionate Engineers excited to shape the autonomous vehicle revolution and beyond.
The Engineering team at drive.ai has high aspirations and the capabilities to make those happen. We expect our Director of Engineering to be a world class leader in many aspects providing hands on technical leadership to the team, career development for each member while capable of moving the organization forward in a way that will differentiate us from others in our space. The job will require you to manage your project milestones and goals, help contribute to product strategy, hire high caliber Engineers and help develop your team. You will have the fortune to combine early stage research and product development, with the outcome creating a truly unique and revolutionary self-driving car brain.
- Recruit top-notch engineers for our engineering team, hire and mentor senior leaders, and provide career development and professional growth for talented engineers.
- Create a happy and productive engineering organization.
- Develop project ideas for local and global deployment that fit with our product strategy, to ensure timely delivery of all projects.
- Contribute substantively to technical architecture decisions for site projects and lead efforts to build infrastructure and support for our engineering team.
- Build and maintain great relationships with the top university engineering research labs to stay on top of the latest technology developments and enable drive.ai to hire some of the worlds brightest and best students.
- Work across the drive.ai management team and other functions to create a collaborative, fun and productive work environment.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of modeling, proof-of-concept design, production software design, including architecture and implementation, testing, and user support.
- Set up internal processes for code reviews and software maintenance.
- Proven hands-on technical management.
- Exceptional coding skill in one of the following: Python or C++
- Strategic thinker with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills. Entrepreneurial drive; and a demonstrated ability to deliver products on time.
- Ability to excel within an informal startup environment and a flat organizational structure, and provide credible hands-on management to highly qualified engineers.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Deep Learning or Motion Planning (in lieu of degree relevant work experience)
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Drive.ai.