HIRING EXPERIENCED HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST Steady and Growing Marine Engineering Company in Fort Lauderdale, FL
We are looking for an experienced individual to provide effective management of human resources!
With strong organizational and people skills, as well as a professional leadership profile.
Who are we?
Kemplon is a Marine Engineering company with 11-year record that offers refit and repair services to the Commercial Maritime Industries. We also deliver world-class services to the industrial sector through skilled technical teams dispatched throughout the United States. Some of our field trades are: Welders, Marine Electricians, Painters, Outside Machinists and Engineers.
Kemplon Engineering has positioned itself as a valuable partner to industry heavy hitters. Just to name a few of our clients…. Bombardier Transportation, Bollinger Shipyards, MTU America, Florida Detroit Diesel Allison.
We are looking for a strong Human resources generalist to plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of the HR department. Someone that oversees the needs from both admin and field staff. A professional generalist able to solve problems and come up with ideas to improve processes and procedures. Consult with top management needs on strategic planning; serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees enforcing motivation, policies and employment law. This is a growing company that has around 50- 60 hardworking employees. A friendly and professional environment is what the company strives for. The HR generalist will join the team to reinforce and support the company culture.
What do we offer you?
- Full Time Position
- Challenging and exciting job!
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Full package of Benefits
- Supportive team to work with
- Room for Advancement and opportunity to grow
Skills and Experience Required:
- Management and leadership skills.
- Staffing (Recruiting and Selection)
- Processing New employee on-boarding paperwork.
- Experience working with benefits providers & insurance plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and others)
- Processing background checks and references communicating professionally the results to necessary parties
- Compiling and communicating drug screening results
- Conducting new hire orientations
- Conflict Resolution, decision making and employment law mindfulness. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid/ fair conclusions.
- Administrating employee files and sensitive information
- Conducting evaluations and job performance. Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Developing strategies for Employee Satisfaction, Motivation and appreciation programs, such as, outings, training, workshops and other internal or external events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present and speak with professionalism and confidence to the company audience Policies, regulations and other important matters of the organization.
- Ability to write reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively respond, coach and advise to questions from groups of managers, technicians, engineers, project managers and admin staff.
- Knowledgeable about Safety in the workplace- laws and Regulations
- Educated on Benefit and payroll reports- (Compensation, Wage Structure, workers compensation)
- Excellent computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education/ Training Requirements:
- PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources. Master’s Degree in Human Resources
- A minimum of 4+ years’ working as an office Manager, HR coordinator, HR assistant, or HR Generalist in the Marine, Industrial or Manufacturing sectors – (these sectors are preferred but not required).
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Leadership Skills - Lead by example
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- People person
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Diversity awareness
- Detailed Oriented
- Bilingual: English – Spanish Preferred.
- Only candidates located in Broward County will be considered
- Must be flexible to work after hours and sometimes on Saturday mornings when needed to conduct interviews, attend hiring events.
- Must be Creative and open minded to new ideas or trends in the management of people
- Social Media and Internet friendly.
Submit your Resume NOW!!! and Applicants will be called for phone interviews during the week!
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of a great company!
Kemplon Engineering - Offering careers not jobs! www.kemplon.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snap Chat