Kemplon Engineering is growing and currently hiring Marine Diesel Mechanic for immediate work in sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
This is a great job with tons of opportunity for advancement. Our company has a vision plan that is shared with all our employees and regularly promotes from within.
We have openings for MARINE DIESEL MECHANICS, salary ranges are $18 to $27 per hour.
We Offer You:
Full benefits (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, uniform service… even a Paid Day Off for your birthday!), land-based work doing what you love, an AWESOME TEAM to work with, advancement opportunities, overtime, travel and training... most importantly, careers not jobs!
- DIESEL experience is preferred as 50% of skill set, and other 50% of skills set should be working on pumps, valves, aligning shafts, and others functions related. In other words, Must be willing to do regular Marine Mechanic work such as pump change outs and equipment installation.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience either onboard ships or in military. Experience in Engineering Department working on rebuilding and overhauling ship machinery or Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a shipyard in the Mechanics Department rebuilding and overhauling ship equipment/machinery.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Complex problem solving
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Repairing skills
- Reading comprehension
- Reading drawings
- Equipment & tool selection skills
- Marine Trade School certifications
- Military A school training
- Degree from an accredited maritime College in Marine Engineering - Engineering license
- Must be hard working with a positive personality we are looking for people with a “can do” attitude that care about their job.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. Climb & descend vertical ladders. Be able to work in the heat, be able to work overtime & weekends. MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be able to listen and communicate effectively verbally with peers & supervisors. Must be able to follow company rules & policies.
- Prior safety training is a must. Safety policies are in place and non-negotiable. Candidates should be professional in demeanor & team oriented.
Call today to for an interview or submit a resume. Positions available immediately.
Kemplon Engineering - Offering careers not jobs!