Job Title: Junior Business Application Engineer
Reporting to: Integrations, Applications & Security Manager
The ideal candidate wants to work with a high-performing team to play a part in building, evolving and maintaining an application layer across multiple countries working with both in house solutions as well as third party systems.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will:
- Become an expert in the workings and integrations of applications;
- Debug failures, identify design flaws, and work with the team on resolving those problems;
- Be in touch with internal customers to define and develop evolutions of applications;
- Liaise with third party vendors, where necessary, to achieve business goals work with stakeholders to define the future of applications and services.
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science (or equivalent experience);
- Practical knowledge of programming (preferably C/Java);
- A demonstrable knowledge of SQL (preferably Microsoft SQL Server);
- A good understanding of Windows or Linux Server;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
Any or all of the below would be advantageous:
- Experience in scripting (bash, python, perl, equivalent);
- Understanding of SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services;
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture;
- A demonstrable innovative nature understanding of Web Services integration technologies.