Job Title: Systems Integration Engineer
Reporting to: Systems Integration Manager
Contract/ Permanent: Permanent
Smartbox is looking for an Integrations engineer to join our Integrations team within our Dublin HQ IT team. The job itself will involve to know how the existing applications communicate to each other in order to integrate them through our new enterprise service bus (ESB) and other existing APIs. You will be also responsible to support external integrations and support the consolidation of the IT systems working on the migration of existing or new acquired companies to the new Smartbox backend systems.
The right candidate will have a passion for data and technology, attention to detail and a drive for problem solving. If you’re ready to take on this challenge in a company where you can make a great impact, we want to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Become an expert in the full system of information and data models
- Bring forward any concerns as risks to be mitigated in the target systems of information
- Work with 3rd party vendors and internal teams to test and assure delivery of the planned projects
- Debug failures in the integrations, identify design flaws, and suggest solutions on both new and existing applications
- Support operations as part of the integrations team
Essential Competencies/ skills :
- Computer Science Qualification: 3rd level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering
- Experience: working closely with business teams to understand the operational impacts of data and business rules and tracking back business impacts through operational data
- Ability to understand the business, to take the business vision and translate it into a solution
- Fluency in English and an ability to communicate clearly at both business and technical levels
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, find a solution, understand how and when to make a choice
- Exposure to frameworks and programming best practices
- Experience in building Web Services and/or SOA
- Good understanding of LAMP stack and/or IIS
Any or all of the below would be advantageous:
- Proven track record in the successful delivery of rolling out large scale enterprise wide projects, from design to production.
- Knowledge of the business model of an e-commerce company
- PHP experience
- Ability to work effectively with the MS-SQL Stack including SSIS
- Exposure to queueing systems.
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
Other jobs at Smartbox Group