SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Development Test Software EngineerOverview
- The Test Operations group is looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to merge rigorous aerospace testing requirements with highly reliable and efficient industrial automation methods. This individual would be responsible for automated test equipment software, with a focus on reliability/maintainability and ease of use.
- Develop software to be used for operation of automated test equipment emphasis on data acquisition, hands-off automation sequences, closed-loop process control and data post-processing
- Develop software tools to streamline operational steps of development testing
- Design software with reuse, maintainability and traceability
- Understand test goals and operational requirements in order to design software architecture and provide hardware/instrumentation recommendations
- Develop novel ways to streamline site-wide processes and increase the reliability of testing operations
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or electrical engineering
- Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with other LabVIEW constructs: LabVIEW Real-Time, LabView FPGA, LabVIEW OOP
- NI Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification
- Experience with other hardware/programming environments: VP, Python, PLC’s
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.