SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Development Test Technician
- Join our fast paced R&D focused group that supports the development of our Dragon spacecraft, Falcon launch vehicles, and ever advancing vehicle and spacecraft designs. Test Technicians work closely with Test Engineers to support fabrication, assembly, and operation of test stands and equipment.
- Utilize basic machine shop equipment (mill, lathe, drill press, etc.) to build test specific piece parts to print.
- Assemble test related equipment to print, including on-assembly fabrication operations such as; precision match drilling, welding, riveting, etc.
- Build large mechanical assemblies using heavy lift equipment that requires extra care for part manipulation and safety.
- Fabricate and assemble high pressure pneumatic and hydraulic fluid systems, including bending/flaring/assembling of stainless steel tubing.
- High school Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical fabrication
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge/experience with AN, MS, MP, and Swagelok fluid connections
- Knowledge/experience with cryogenic systems (gaseous and liquid)
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and/or systems
- Knowledge/experience with TIG/MIG welding of steel/aluminum
- Able to read mechanical drawings and interpret tolerances (including GD&T)
- Able to read and interpret fluid schematics
- Proficient with mechanical hand tools
- Proficient computer skills (word, excel, email)
- Organized individual with good attention to detail
- Able to work well on a team
- Able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work at elevated heights occasionally (scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts)
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends
- Willing to travel for short trips as needed, up to 5% travel
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.