SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manufacturing Engineer (Final Assembly)
- Assembly of complex mechanisms (i.e. valves, actuators, hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Lead the production and facilities for high rate assembly, testing and cleaning of components.
- Assist in root cause investigations for non-conformance resolutions.
- Apply cleaning methods such as abrasive cleaning and blasting with air, mechanical and liquids on metal and nonmetal components.
- Apply pressure, leak, cryogenic and functional testing methods of complex sub-assemblies.
- Lead the efforts for automated solutions in aerospace manufacturing environments.
- Measure and maintain throughput to support production rates.
- Work closely with design engineers, internal machine shops, and external vendors to ensure specifications are met.
- B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems, or Manufacturing Engineering or similar discipline.
- 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems, or Manufacturing Engineering discipline desired.
- Process development, facility and line layouts, PFMEA, Error-Proofing, Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and assembly.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience.
- Proficiency in the basic principles of chemistry, engineering, fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials.
- Design and analysis (Finite Element Analysis (FEA)/structural/static loads) experience.
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis.
- Knowledge in automated test systems for pressure and leak testing using instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transducers and thermocouples.
- Pareto Analysis, Root Cause and Corrective Action experience.
- 5S, Six Sigma background.
- Labview experience.
- Must be willing to work all shift hours and weekends when necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.