Interested in a rare opportunity to help build and grow an online marketplace? Are you a technical Product Manager that is passionate about building great products and customer experiences? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace.
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to lead product development for our New Zealand sister company Bookabach (www.bookabach.co.nz). The role will be based in Sydney, Australia but very frequent travel to Auckland will be required.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detailed and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. We're looking for a leader with a passion for both product and engineering that has a strong blend of user experience, product and technology skills. The Senior Product Manager will collaborate with the Bookabach development team (based in Sydney and Auckland) to build new traveller and property owner facing features and innovate to consolidate Bookabach’s leadership position in New Zealand. He/She will be reporting to the Head of Product in Sydney.
- Drive product innovation to consolidate Bookabach’s position as leading vacation rental marketplace in New Zealand.
- Collaborate with Bookabach founders and the executive team to define a product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Work with a dedicated team of engineers in Sydney and Auckland to implement new features across the traveller site and property owner tools.
- Ensure product decisions are customer centric and balance traveller and property owner needs
- Monitor and investigate customer feedback, net promoter scores, customer support metrics, and A/B test results to make sure customer needs and concerns are being addressed.
- Collaborate daily with the Development team to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders.
- Launch new features or products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Lead competitive watch activities to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
- Track and report on key metrics (e.g. adoption, conversion, A/B test results)
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in product launch decisions
What we look for:
To be considered for the position, you must have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in directing product strategy and development of consumer-focused products. Product Managers should be passionate about well-designed online and mobile products, end user experience, and current and evolving best practices in software development.
- 5+ years of Product Management
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results
- Experience with customer centricity and voice of the customer programs
- Travel industry experience preferred
- Ability to manage large, complex, international projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards, and policies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- Must be willing to travel regularly to Auckland (1 week per month for the first 4-6 months, one week per quarter after that).
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at HomeAway.