Are you passionate about great user experience? Building software that people really use? Do you like to get stuff done?
HomeAway is the world leading vacation rental website company based in Austin Texas who is looking for a new member of the family as a Front End Software Engineer for our market-leading New Zealand sibling company Bookabach (http://www.bookabach.co.nz
). You'll be working in alongside the Stayz team in our office in Sydney Australia.
The Front End Designer Developer role is a specialist position dedicated to developing and improving the Bookabach websites and mobile device experience.
To join us in the Bookabach team:
• You’re a programmer at heart and you’ve got the dream to build software that people will love using. You’ve got an aesthetic sense for designing and engineering useable systems.
• Preferably you’ve got a degree in an IT discipline with a software engineering or media design focus, or you’ve got equivalent on the job experience.
• You understand and can work in an Agile software development environment using test-driven development.
• You should have a passion for code quality, employing best practises while still being able to get things done in a timely way. We’re all about the latest comprehensive automated unit and integration tests to support agility and quality, and you will need to understand these principles.
• You must be able to express yourself and participate in a team environment. You need to have a passion for your work and for getting things done. You like to laugh.
• You will be a creative thinker who can find simple solutions to interesting problems. It is also important that you know how to think about delivering customer-focused solutions.
You’ll become a part of our vibrant, stable and growing development team working alongside other Front End developers, a team of back-end developers, alongside QA engineers and product managers working in a small focused agile team.
• Update website and email templates with responsive UI
• Work closely with back-end development, QA, product and marketing functions, and other key internal stakeholders
• Ensure consistent, clean coding and adherence to relevant coding standards
• Formal web, media, design education (coding and design)
• Cross browser and platform development skills
• Adobe Creative suite skills including Photoshop / Illustrator
• Knowledge of AngularJS, Backbone, React
• Familiarity with Git, Grunt
• Experience in Mac or Linux environments.
• Responsive mobile experience
• Solid understanding of Accessibility
• Experience with Java front-end technologies such as JSP
• Experience with REST API