Title of Job: Software Engineer – Reporting & Analytics (Sr./Staff/Principal)
Role Located in: Toronto, Canada
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta is seeking a Software Engineer – Analytics & Reporting to join our Analytics team which is responsible for the following product areas:
- Customizable reports and charts
- Geolocation and mapping
- Analysis of user access patterns
- Alert and Notification rules and delivery
- Reporting platform with which Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products can integrate
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design new infrastructure services for data analytics and refine existing ones
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- AWS ecosystem including cli, api, and console
- Kafka, ElasticSearch, Zookeeper or other data pipeline technologies
- Distributed computing systems, noSQL and Hadoop-based technologies
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.