LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a Sr. Insights Analysts, you will leverage one of the richest proprietary data sets in the world to discover insights that help our field sales team serve our largest clients. Key responsibilities in this client-facing role include conducting custom analyses, preparing and delivering client presentations, providing consultative advice to LinkedIn’s top sales reps and responding to client requests. You will become an expert at using SQL to extract data from LinkedIn’s massive data warehouse and turning that data into compelling stories that help our clients become more successful.
- Leverage LinkedIn’s unique data to create innovative tools to address business challenges
- Write SQL/Hive/Pig/Python queries to extract necessary data and present the information either in Tableau, Excel or PowerPoint and analyze the results to generate business insights
- Build cross-functional consensus for operational improvements and partner effectively with other teams
- Understand LinkedIn marketing ecosystem and bring new ideas in social media analytics and measurement to market
- Collaborate closely with the sales, business analytics, product and insights teams to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Develop scalable and repeatable playbooks/guides for internal and external stakeholders
- Help end-clients in sales, business development and demand generation make better decisions
- Serve as a strategic advisor for advertiser relationships as they pertain to measurement
- BA/BS degree in math, marketing, statistics, economics or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in analytics or consulting
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- MA/MS degree or PhD in math, marketing, statistics, economics or related quantitative field
- Experience in advertising and marketing analytics
- Experience in the technology industry providing actionable insights to customers
- Experience with Teradata, Hadoop (Hive/Pig), Tableau and Python
- Experience with project management and working cross-functionally with data services, engineering, marketing and sales teams
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of social media and consumer Internet practices
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical and data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences