Vulcan is a company working globally to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. Our focus spans innovative and emerging technology, global philanthropic endeavors, productions, development, exploration and more. Despite the diversity of Vulcan’s initiatives and investments, our efforts are tethered to a simple principle; if it has the potential to do good, then we should do it.
The HR Operations Manager will play a critical role in designing, managing and optimizing HR programs and processes. Using their experience with HR systems, technology and process improvement, this role will optimize the best in class platforms for various HR programs and will support the activities that maximize system use.
This role will be involved in business and HR projects, at times enterprise-wide, and will be required to navigate and collaborate across the company with very little guidance.
This role will also drive proactive approaches to turn data into meaningful information that will solve business challenges and streamline HR work process and flow. Responsible for strategy development, design, implementation, communication, administration and governance of the overall compensation programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Define the business requirements and drive the implementation of a new systems in partnership with Technology.
Consult with functional leaders in HR to design, develop, and implement technology solutions that increase operational efficiency, maintain compliance, and positively impact customer experience for the HR team, candidates, employees, managers and business leaders.
- Lead or participate on HRIS projects including project planning, schedule development, configuration, testing, training and change management.
- Design, test, deploy, and manage HR interfaces to meet requirements for internal and external systems as needed.
- Drive effective use of HR systems to support HR strategy and business decisions through the production of accurate, timely data.
- Partner with Technology on all business objectives that directly impact HR Systems.
Manage the design and administration of compensation-related programs designed to support the employee experience and the overall Total Rewards strategy.
Perform job compensation evaluations, total compensation assessments, special pay studies, forecasting, salary planning, and evaluation of Vulcan’s total rewards package.
Review and analyze results from compensation and benefits surveys to make recommendations to ensure we offer competitive total rewards programs.
Work with HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Hiring Managers, and key business leaders on compensation proposals for new hires, promotions, transfers, and accurate.
Create and produce an internal structure including job leveling, and job families that are relevant for strategic goals of the business.
- Research best practices around HR data/analytics and develop recommendation for an HR dashboard.
Partner with HRIS Analyst to develop and continually assess metrics for accuracy, ease of collection, and relevancy. Ensure metrics (headcount, turnover, etc.) are delivered on time.
Partner to create reports, using the HRIS system, in order to ensure management decisions are based on accurate data (Headcount reporting, labor analysis, performance management, etc.).
- Manage the development and execution of the HR dashboard (up-to-date, accurate).
- Analyze core data to help develop insights and data-driven recommendations.
Oversee internal HR team calendar and project management for HR improvement work, new HR programs, and HR systems implementations.
- Work with HR functional leaders to identify and map the core HR processes.
- Assess effectiveness of existing processes and assist in process redesign as needed.
- Identify and document approved processes and ensure key stakeholders have full understanding.
- Collaborate with all areas of HR and other business stakeholders to improve transactional processes for optimal employee experience.
- Liaise with technical support team to automate as appropriate.
Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
Corporate compensation management experience, including job analysis and evaluation, variable compensation programs and the ability to drive a new program forward.
- Previous experience designing and implementing a total rewards program.
- Expertise in research methods and data analysis techniques;
- Expert skills using Excel for analysis of data;
Ability to conduct research, and prepare clear business proposal, offering alternatives and recommendations
Exceptional project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple work streams forward simultaneously.
- Ability to think about programs at a higher, strategic level and ability to switch to producing results as part of a team or as an individual contributor.
Ability to effectively design, document and communicate processes that optimize for efficiency and scalability.
Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and leverage relationships internally and externally.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and complex environment; demonstrating strong results and detail orientation.
Self-directed problem solver with the desire to contribute to HR’s reputation and success.
Knowledgeable of HR disciplines (e.g., Leave of Absence, ACA, Benefits, etc.).
Vendor management skills.
Demonstrated experience with coaching, developing and managing employees.
- Commitment to confidentiality on sensitive issues and data.
Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
Strong written and verbal communication.
SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- Experience with Oracle, PeopleSoft, MarketPay
Required computer skills
MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet skills
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and ten plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
Travel estimated to be 5%