Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for a passionate and talented 3D Generalist to join our Small Town Murders game team for the summer of 2021. In this position you would be creating assets for the game. You would be working as a part of the game’s art team, and creating complete 3D assets from concept to final rendering.
- Creating 3D models from scratch using your preferred modelling package (3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, Modo)
- Creating textures and materials for your 3D models
- Lighting and Rendering 3D models for marketing and in-game use
- Making sure the assets you produce go to the right folders and naming conventions are being followed
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Has a great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Has strong basic understanding about 3D modelling and relating best practices like what makes a good topology
- Fluent in at least one 3D modelling package
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
We’d love if you have:
- Experience with procedural and PBR materials
- Prior experience with a renderer like Corona, Arnold or VRAY
- Experience in sculpting
- Prior game art experience
- Art Test: You will receive a test. We send it to all candidates who get through our initial screening process. This screening is done primarily based on your Portfolio, CV and Cover letter.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you soon! Please send us your CV and cover letter by 18 February 2021 (if you have a portfolio, great! Please send us the link or attach it with the application). We will start reviewing as soon as possible.
Refer to the Trainee FAQ for any questions you may have. If you have other questions, send us an email to recruitment(at)rovio.com.
We don't accept applications sent to this email address.
Note: The duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months usually from May to September, full-time. Depending on the candidate's availability and the team's needs, start date and duration vary. We don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring a work visa if you’re from abroad. You can learn more about the traineeship experience here.