Ampyx Power is one of the most innovative companies around developing an ‘Airborne Wind Energy’ system and will be launching it on the market in the next few years. Want to join us? We’re looking for a Verification Engineer to help us achieve our upcoming milestones. Are you the driven enthusiast that relies on proof rather than assumption? And, do you want to make your unique contribution to develop a pioneering wind technology for generating sustainable energy? Then we’re looking for you!
Ampyx Power is planning on starting up a test centre in Australia, in the Geelong Area, near Melbourne, that becomes operational in January 2018 using our AP-3 PowerPlane. You will start your carreer however in The Hague, The Netherlands where you will be supporting the AP-3 verification program. As AP-3 becomes operational you will take charge of the airworthiness of AP-3 and with your expert knowledge and enthusiasm, you will ensure that Ampyx comes through with its promise of innovation.
In particular you will be working on:
- System verification activities, including test planning, test case development, test execution and test result processing
- Perform root cause analysis and follow up on problem reports
- Define mitigating actions
- Perform risk evaluations
- Safeguard quality in the maintenance and replacement processes
- Develop and maintain maintenance procedures and take the lead in the configuration management of the PowerPlane.
As a member of the flight operations team, you will hold the responsibility of what is in Australian law called the maintenance controller. Your role will additionally be to:
- control all company PowerPlane maintenance and development, either scheduled or unscheduled
- keep records of personnel permitted to perform maintenance on RPA including details of their training and qualifications
- develop, enforce and monitor the PowerPlane maintenance standards
- maintain a record of the PowerPlane defects and any unserviceability
- ensure that specialist equipment items including payload equipment are serviceable
- maintain a thorough technical knowledge of the PowerPlane