To support our continued growth we are seeking a Management Accountant to join our finance team.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver the monthly management accounts on time, with detailed commentary and analysis of performance and key issues, in accordance with all internal procedures. This is a key role within the finance function, and will ensure all procedural controls over the financial operations are followed, implemented, and new ones created where necessary.
On a daily basis you will;
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy of accounting records and books of accounts
- Review supporting documentation for all journals, prepayments and accruals
- Apply correct accounting treatment of opex and capex items
- Audit the completeness of financial transactions from the booking management system and cleanse the data of inaccuracies
- Enforce existing financial procedures and implement new financial procedures to ensure compliance with best practice across all departments including finance
- Ensure financial control is implemented prior to committing the company to cost and that costs are managed in line with expectation
- Statutory reporting and audit requirements, compliance with industry regulatory bodies and HMRC regarding tax.
- Account for multi-currency transactions and mitigate the foreign exchange risk
- VAT accounting and compliance including overseas exports and imports
- Ensure the efficient processing of refunds in accordance with company policy
- Calculate and pay customer rebates
- Calculate and monitor other income, including commissions
- Assist in other areas of finance as and when required
- Awareness of rolling forecasting processes and zero based budgeting
In return you will get:
- A highly competitive salary, along with an annual performance-based bonus scheme.
- Pension, life Assurance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted staff travel, free refreshments, central offices, team nights out and access to all roles on an internal first basis
- The experience of working in a fast-growing company with excellent opportunities for progression
So, if you are a self-starter and a supportive team player, who wants to be a part of one of the fastest growing, specialist Travel Management Companies in the country, then please get in touch; we’d love to hear from you!