Are you someone who eats, drinks, and dreams numbers?
We at Zomato are building an end-to-end custom analytics platform (that we call Jumbo) specific to our needs. Jumbo’s purpose is to be the single source of meaningful information refined from millions of events captured and analysed from all our current and future products and assets across web/mobile, and many more products to come.
As an early member of the Analytics team, you’ll have significant opportunity to architect, build, and scale the platform, apply your statistics skills to mine valuable insights that have direct impact on the growth of Zomato.
These are some of the interesting questions we’re constantly working to find better answers to, with data:
- Why do users use Zomato? How do they use it? What are they doing, where are they stumbling, how can we make their time on our platforms easier?
- How do we improve our ads targeting to show relevant/ personalised ads to users which drive more customers to merchants?
- What / Where am I most likely to order food from? How can we show the most relevant information to the right user at the right time?
This list is not exhaustive, and is limited only by your creativity.
Here's what you'll do everyday:
- Work cross functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models, and make recommendations
- Build and maintain data-driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, and capacity constraint models
- Leverage tools like R, Hadoop, Hive, and SQL to drive efficient analytics
- Communicate final recommendations and drive decision making
- Come up with innovative solutions to the hurdles that confront us on a daily basis
You'll also get:
- To work in our state of the art office with Macbooks, a big screen for debugging, designing or whatever you're into, and high speed internet
- Open workspaces where the glass walls bear the finest ideas and cryptic musings (quite literally)
- To be a part of our engineering team which unites 5 nationalities, with friendly rivalries between Dota & CS fans, cricket & football fans, and even our Android & iOS teams
- A cup of coffee (or many) while your code compiles, at our own cafeteria which also serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner