Discovering the right restaurant based on cuisines, mood, filters, and location is core to the Zomato experience. With over a million restaurants in more than 10,000 cities across the world, our search engine is responsible for powering amazing dining experiences in real time, for millions of users everyday, so that they never have a bad meal.
Our focus is to build highly available search systems at a massive scale and quickly evolve them to handle new and exciting product features to delight our users. Be a part of our small search team to get the rare opportunity of building a product that is used around the world, while solving interesting challenges with localization and internationalization.
Here's what you'll do everyday:
- Building APIs that power search across the broader Zomato platform as well as our partners
- Build, measure, and improve ranking and relevance algorithms that power the search results across our platform and public APIs
- Evolve Zomato’s search platform to adapt to interesting new user behaviors like dish searches, voice searches etc
- Scaling the search engine to support the growth in site traffic and listings as well as support more languages as we scale to more geographies
- Develop a search platform to support applications and directly impact Zomato's core business
- Build personalized search experiences for Zomato users using analytics and Machine Learning algorithms
- Design A/B experiments and interpret the results to improve search performance
- Investigate and debug performance bottlenecks across software stack in a live production system
You'll also get:
- To work in our state of the art office with Macbooks, a big screen for debugging, designing or whatever you're into, and high speed internet
- Open workspaces where the glass walls bear the finest ideas and cryptic musings (quite literally)
- To be a part of our engineering team which unites 5 nationalities, with friendly rivalries between Dota & CS fans, cricket & football fans, and even our Android & iOS teams
- A cup of coffee (or many) while your code compiles at our own cafeteria which also serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner