We’re looking for seasoned back end engineers who build advanced and innovative systems that can keep up with the crazy traffic and the feature-rich Zomato website and apps. If building fast, scalable systems, and deep diving through frameworks to figure out how they work is your thing, you'll feel right at home at Zomato.
Here's what you'll do everyday:
- Design and build efficient, scalable systems that are used by millions of people across the globe from day one
- Own what you build as you create, test, and refine what’s under the hood of our pages and services
- Work closely with iOS, android, and web developers to develop back end services that meet their needs
- Be proactive in finding ways to improve the performance, architecture, and development processes for the high performance computation system
- Investigate production issues pertaining to customer features to determine root cause and implement solutions
- Investigate performance issues/scalability bottlenecks, existing queries and/or write new queries with performance optimization in mind
- Identify libraries and technologies worth experimentation
- Be responsible for developing predictive systems, creating efficient algorithms, and improving data quality in the context of clinical trials
You'll also get:
- To work in our state of the art office with Macbooks, a big screen for debugging, designing or whatever you're into, and high speed internet
- Open workspaces where the glass walls bear the finest ideas and cryptic musings (quite literally)
- To be a part of our engineering team which unites 5 nationalities, with friendly rivalries between Dota & CS fans, cricket & football fans, and even our Android & iOS teams
- A cup of coffee (or many) while your code compiles at our own cafeteria which also serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Zomato .