Centrillion is seeking a Lab Technician to join their Special Project group. This position is in a fast-paced, start-up environment, interacting with R&D scientists from a variety of backgrounds. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work and data analysis. The selected individual will be working in a support role toward the development of new genomics technologies.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; certifying instrument performance; performing or arranging instrument and equipment IQ/OQ/PQ procedures and calibrations; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Works closely with Purchasing to manage all laboratory ordering needs.
- Resolves laboratory problems by consulting with technical coordinators, laboratory directors, research professionals; attending committee meetings.
- Produce, analyze, document and report results, achieving reproducible, high quality data in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help.
- Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain careful attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office) is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop, implement and maintain R&D Laboratory policies and procedures. Coordinate with R&D personnel on issues that impact laboratory operation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Experience in writing laboratory SOPs and other QMS documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with biological methods.
- Experience with microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing is preferred.
- Enjoy a challenging research and development environment working with multidisciplinary team
- Must be familiar with basic laboratory techniques
- Attention to detail and careful lab work are required.
- The candidate would be responsible for coordinating with other technicians and research associates in preparing enough samples each week to meet project deadlines.
Operations and Data Analysis:
- Capability to manage multiple ongoing multiday workflows, including scheduling instrumentation, preparing reagents and materials, and executing implementation
- Ability to use software tools including those built in house and those use broadly (e.g. Excel) to track inventory, share SOPs, and analyze data
- Experience in following SOPs
- Ability to recognize& identify, troubleshoot quality issues and escalate as needed.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferrably in a biological or related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in laboratory management.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a biomedical science or biomedical engineering product development environment.
- Experience in the handling of biological samples.
Other jobs at Centrillion
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Centrillion.