Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Support Website Program Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Support Website Program Manager, Consumer Services is responsible for managing and expanding our portfolio of PlayStation support materials (). This consists of hundreds of articles, error codes, videos, etc. and collectively receive more than 40 million page views annually.
In this highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate with product teams, editors, and subject matter experts to help drive the development of clear, customer-friendly online content for millions of people who use PlayStation products daily.
You must thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You should also be excited about staying hands-on with content strategy, evolving content standards and writing for web and mobile experiences.
- Be accountable for demonstrating how the support site allows our customers to resolve issues on their own, thus reducing the number of customers that would otherwise contact support.
- Work with Management to set and drive support site strategy, balancing short term needs and long term goals.
- Champion customer needs by representing the Support Site internally:
- Must be able to translate business and technical concepts into functional specifications
- Represent Support Site in Change Advisory Board which prioritizes in-house development resources.
- Regularly partner with Salesforce to champion feature enhancements and ensure we have optimized our implementation of Knowledge.
- Act as a stakeholder on Playstation.com alignment efforts.
- Collaborate globally with other Sony entities to achieve a more consistent customer experience and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Oversee all Content publishing on the Support Site:
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to determine content required for new or enhanced products, services & features.
- Scale best practices in content creation, including setting quality standards, implementing reviews and making process improvements
- Personally author content as well as assign content to writers and subject matter experts.
- Maintain and enhance the Style Guide and verify to ensure articles have a consistent voice and meet quality standards.
- Manage the relationship with our translation provider, ensuring a timely publication of content.
- Manage content maintenance process, auditing content to determine if changes are needed or if articles can be archived.
- Accountable for monitoring & reporting through Adobe Analytics and Salesforce Analytics to ensure targets are met:
- Use analytics, comments, surveys, and anecdotal data to understand how customers use the site and identify areas for improvement.
- Regularly report to Management and other stakeholders on recent content publications, project progress, site performance & customer sentiment.
- Develop project plans including defining project scope, goals, deliverables, and roles and responsibilities.
- Constantly improve Support Site by identifying improvement areas, justifying changes, defining requirements, coordinating with development team through implementation, and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Regularly audit and act on findings to ensure site is optimized for search engines using latest SEO strategies.
- Ensure site meets accessibility and security standards
- Minimum of five years of experience in online content production, editing, or marketing for consumer-focused communications.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in Project or Program Management capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration, communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in publishing content through content management systems (CMS) such as Salesforce
- Proficiency using Adobe Analytics or equivalent tool to evaluate reports, build segments, and construct dashboards to monitor site performance.
- Strong understanding of content publishing life cycle
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to successfully manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills - Able to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change across organizational boundaries.
- Must thrive in a highly dynamic, fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and solve complex problems and deliver solutions.
- Able to format knowledge content in HTML/CCS to enhance style
- Strong understand of Adobe Analytics
- Experience working with CRM teams and tools
- Avid Gamer who is very familiar with PlayStation products and services.
- Customer Support experience, ideally in Business to Customer Environment.
- Experience using or implementing Knowledge Centered Support concepts
- Experience publishing content in multiple languages and managing the localization process with vendors
- Project management certification (SCRUM, PMP, Agile) and associated documentation skills
- ADKAR or other Change Management process knowledge or certification
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.