The System Software Engineer (Mesh) is the person who does mission-critical software and driver development on eero’s core wireless mesh technology team so we can deliver self-healing, self-optimizing networks in line with our promise that eero “stays new, gets better.” You’ll be an integral member of the Mesh team, working with other firmware and software engineers to add features to and increase the robustness of userspace applications and Linux kernel drivers.
Typical projects include improving wireless roaming, creating a framework and algorithm for dynamic channel selection, Layer 2 packet forwarding and routing optimizations, and more. For those interested, there are also opportunities to work in kernel and device driver development. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a significant impact on all aspects of the product while working with a world-class team that embodies great design, attention to detail, technological innovation, and quality.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the architecture and direction of eero’s wireless mesh technology
- Specify, design, and implement, and test functionality and behaviors of embedded networking, wifi, and/or connected home devices
- Build out a software platform that is flexible enough to span multiple hardware products
- Implement new product features on eero devices, collaborating with the core OS, new platform, data, and cloud teams
- Collaborate with Customer Experience to investigate field issues
- Get involved with the open source community
We’re looking for someone who:
- Obsesses over the details and knows how to bring implementations to completion
- Possesses a solid understanding of C, C++, and/or Python
- Is fluent in software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Is curious. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Has experience with 802.11 wireless standards, IP networking, bridging and routing, 802.3, and/or 802.15.4.
- Has familiarity with git in a Linux development environment.
- Has BSCS / BSCE or equivalent.
- Experience developing and debugging Linux kernel code
- Prior experience with development of embedded systems or consumer products
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, including DHCP, DNS, TCP, firewalls, and network configuration
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.