The new platforms team at eero is responsible for bringing up our next generation platforms to enable new features and products we launch. Team members work very closely with hardware, manufacturing, product, Core OS, and application teams to both prototype and productize eero products. This role requires depth in software core competencies, along with a strong interest in working closely with hardware running embedded Linux, device driver development, and Linux based software architecture. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a significant impact on all aspects of the product while working with a world-class team that embodies great design, attention to detail, technological innovation, and quality.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in component and SoC selection to build most optimal platforms for our next generation products
- Help manufacturing test teams to set up software test infrastructure
- Rapid board bring up and prototyping of new platforms
- Prototype our ideas and work with product teams to optimize the features
- Work with multiple vendors to integrate their solutions to our platform
- Build out a software platform that is flexible enough to span multiple hardware products
- Collaborate with Customer Support to investigate field issues
- Mentor other engineers in the team
- Get involved with the open source community
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent experience with embedded Linux software systems from boot loader to user space applications
- Is experienced in developing, debugging, or porting Linux device drivers
- Has solid work experience with C, C++ and Python
- Is familiar with git, build systems, open source projects
- Can anticipate problems that arise in consumer product and software development. You recognize long-range risks and know how to mitigate them.
- Is curious. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and have ideas and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Has a BSCS / BSCE or equivalent.
- Experience designing large software systems based on embedded Linux or Android
- Firmware development experience, preferably on ARM processors
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, including IEEE 802.11, TCP/IP, firewalls, and network security
- Experience with Bluetooth LE, ZigBee and Thread protocols
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.