Rent the Runway is a disruptive ecommerce business with a mission to democratize luxury in the U.S. – simply; we believe that everybody deserves a Cinderella experience. We provide millions of women the ability to rent designer dresses, accessories and other essentials for a fraction of the retail price, allowing them to look, and more importantly, feel, beautiful for all of their special occasions. Rent the Runway is seeking to revolutionize the retail industry, focusing on the belief that it is not just about selling products, but rather using products to deliver aspirational experiences.
Launched in November 2009, Rent the Runway has grown to be the leader in the global fashion rental space. We are backed by some of the top venture capitalists in the world including Kleiner Perkins, Highland Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Conde Nast, and American Express. We've been recognized by The Today Show, Fortune, Fast Company, The New York Times, and Tech Crunch as one of the most innovative businesses in the U.S. Our team is filled with passionate go-getters who are always dreaming big, implementing their ideas, delivering an incredible experience to our customers, and creating a fun, dynamic culture.
Senior Manager of Operations oversees management of all departments during the overnight shift within the Secaucus, NJWarehouse of Rent The Runway. The candidate will oversee the activities of these departments to ensure quality performance and turnaround. The candidate should champion continuous improvement efforts that meet the Company’s short and long-term growth efforts as it acquires more consumers. The candidate should manage and provide guidance effectively to its direct reports to ensure that each department has enough staff and the proper tools to measure its objectives, goals, and performances.
- Oversee the activities of the Inbound, Inventory and Outbound Departments.
- Directly manage and lead team leads and a team of at least 50 associates.
- Develop quality and productivity improvement capabilities that will improve services and effectiveness.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise.
- Improve and/or create, document and implement procedures to help develop teams.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation for the overnight shift.
- Maintain an active role on internal Continuous Improvement and audit procedures.
- Review output performance against scheduled performance. Provide reports to direct management on interpretation of results and approve changes in direction of plans.
- Develop and communicate corporate operations policy within the department.
- Develop specific short term and long term goals/plans
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, training, performance and evaluation.
- Significant functional demand strategic planning
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Emphasizing Excellence
- Proven Ability to Manage High Performance Teams to Consistently Achieve and Surpass Established Goals
- Enthusiasm for coaching and training direct reports
- Attention to Detail
- Process Improvement
- Quality Engineering
- Problem Analysis and Problem Resolution
- Must also be able to adapt quickly and make changes in a short-period of time at a fast-paced and growing start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience managing people and teams
- Hands-on, "get-it-done" attitude; takes ownership and executes changes
- Proactive and collaborative approach; service-oriented
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite Excel and PowerPoint)
- Flexible to work occasional Saturdays and holidays, particularly around Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain; MBA preferred.
- 4-5 years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, or quality assurance capacity
- 5-7 years supervisory/management experience
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
- Email and Microsoft Office Proficiency (i.e. excel, word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Work performed in an office and warehouse settings.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law..