SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Dining Room Attendant
Overview:Interacting with our guests (employees), fellow staff members, and management staff in our private restaurant in a polite courteous manner; Assisting in bussing tables, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned by kitchen management.Responsibilities:
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift
- Serving meals to our guests from the line
- Set, reset, and clear tables after guests; take tableware to dish room and place silverware, glassware, dishes, etc, in appropriate areas for washing
- Keeping the dining area clean
- Washes dishes when dishwasher is absent and/or when management directs task
- Assist in cleanliness and organization of kitchen and dining room
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have at least 1 year of restaurant experience or customer service oriented related role
- Must have a valid CA Food Handler’s card
- 2 years of restaurant experience
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Friendly customer service attitude is required
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Able to work in continuously-standing position for 5+ hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at SpaceX.