We're looking for an exceptional Network Engineer to join our team, and work in an environment where you can fit the best technology to the challenge. As a member of the Whitepages Infrastructure team you will work with top-notch engineers to design and implement best in class technology to solve problems.
- Join a team that’s truly passionate about Open Source (check out our GitHub account)
- Have a voice in what does (and doesn’t) go into production
- Awesome tech stack – OpenStack, Docker, Ruby, Scala, Postgres, Riak, Cassandra, Ansible and Linux
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities in an ever-changing digital world. Whitepages is committed to empowering users with control, safeguarding the accuracy and authenticity of digital identities, and advancing transparency. With over 55 million unique monthly users, Whitepages offers access to more than 200 million personal identities and provides users with the ability to control their own. Whitepages also operates Whitepages PRO, an API and web-based service, which helps businesses verify the identities of their customers.
At Whitepages we manage billions of data points with under 130 employees, which means you will have a direct impact on the health of our business and the end user. Our small size also means we're each expected to think two steps ahead at all times, stay on the bleeding edge of technology and make recommendations that drive product decisions. Our challenges range from integrating a new product line to solving really big data problems.
In this role you will:
- Help design, engineer and support a hybrid cloud environment running on OpenStack and public cloud providers.
- Help design, update and implement our network architecture to scale rapidly with our production needs and provide dial-tone service levels to our applications.
- Collect and analyze data and define network capacity models and performance metrics.
- Use tools such as Extrahop, Graphite and others to identify and resolve issues before they happen.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing management of the corporate network.
- Improve security practices and procedures with Infrastructure team.
- Participate in on-call rotation for network related issues.
- Assist with migration from private cloud to a multi-region public cloud environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- In depth experience with Cisco or Juniper switches, routers and firewalls for 3+ years.
- Proficiency with layer 2 and layer 3 protocols.
- Experience with network design and optimization across WAN links highly desired.
- Highly proficient with network troubleshooting, performance tuning techniques, network packet capture and analysis.
- Experience with Open Source monitoring and metrics solutions such as Nagios, Zenoss, and Graphite would be very handy.
- Experience with network security best practices and solutions.
- Experience with configuration management such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible, as well as programming aptitude in Ruby, Perl, Java, Python is desirable.
- Bachelors degree in IT or related field.