Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
Sr. Manager, Project Management Office
The cloud (SaaS) is changing the way customers procure and consume software and services. In this rapidly changing environment we must continue to refine our services sales and delivery capabilities to provide repeatable processes and practices across our global services practice and partner community. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on-leader who can help Okta grow our services sales and delivery capabilities in building a Project Management Office (PMO). This is a key leadership position within the services organization accountable for strategic initiatives, methodologies and best practices for project management, and providing collateral and training to project managers, technical consultants, and delivery managers in the field to help achieve professional services strategic objectives and goals.
The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders throughout Okta, including professional services, support, customer success, operations, and finance. The candidate will also be required to interact with Okta’s customers and partners.
This role will report to the Director of Worldwide Programs and Strategy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Director of Worldwide Programs and Strategy to build a Project Management Office to support Okta Customer Success and Professional Services Organizations
- Accountable for execution of specific strategic initiatives and programs, related to the PMO
- Identify opportunities and provide actionable solutions to improve the value and effectiveness of our project/program management capabilities
- Review and approve Statements of Work with respect to any custom integrations that are requested by the customer to validate custom capabilities, as well as quality and accuracy of the contract and proposed deliverables
- Develop and manage an auditing and reporting program so that projects in delivery are actively being measured against customer success metrics and work with project managers to remediate when metrics fall outside of success boundaries
- Provide oversight to the project closeout process to ensure continuous improvement in our project scoping capabilities by capturing lessons learned
- Develop and maintain project management score cards as an input to management of services delivery goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain onboarding training and enablement program for all project management staff
- Manage weekly PMO virtual team calls with project managers in the field to exchange practice, product, or project related information
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in building and managing a Project Management Office (PMO) is required
- Experience managing and delivering strategic initiatives and programs within a services organization: systems integrator or software vendor is preferred
- Must be able to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast paced environment to support the hyper growth of the Okta professional services organization.
- Subject Matter Expert of Project Management practices both traditional (waterfall) and agile methodologies, and tools (we are a cloud based company, so cloud based solutions such as Jira Agile, Trello, Smartsheet, etc., are preferred)
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8-10 years of consulting experience, including at least 6 years of program/project management experience in a services organization: systems integrator or software vendor is preferred
- 2+ years of SaaS implementation experience is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of Systems Integrator experience is strongly preferred
- Manage teams of Project Managers (virtual) to achieve internal project objectives.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to execute
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space is preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise of software development, web technologies, and security is preferred
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and paradigms
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, concise, and well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Demonstrates team leadership and must be an effective team player.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Education, Training and Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer