The HR Manager is an operational generalist role providing end to end HR support to the line managers and management team to a growing business. The role manages the day to day HR operations ensuring that a high level of service is provided alongside adhering to company policy and best practice.
The main responsibilities are:
- Supporting and enabling implementation of policies. Ensuring these are kept up to date to be legally compliant and appropriate for the organisation.
- Day to day guidance to line managers and employees on all aspects of HR.
- Providing best practice advice to the Exec team on planned changes to organisation.
- Ensuring personnel files are maintained and regularly updated with documentation. Historical personnel files are archived.
- Liaises with BC Talent Manager on recruitment requirements and ensure reporting for leadership team
- Providing guidance and hands on support for all employee relations matters – disciplinary, grievance and capability. Including conducting investigations and chairing hearing, development of and exit of employees.
- Working with Finance Director to enable implementation of an annual pay review across the organisatio and associated governance
- Supporting nomination of individuals for BC/centrally run management and leadership programmes
- Internal communication –e.g.: announcements of starters, leavers, internal transfers and promotions
- Supporting and establishing a cohesive performance management process
- Management and maintenance of Benefits offering
- Governance of payroll processing requirements by HR
- Experience of an HR System and encouraging use by managers and employees
The ideal candidate
This is a demanding position requiring a proactive approach and is an ideal opportunity for an HR Manager with strong generalist experience to develop new skills and knowledge in an exciting growing business.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an interest in digital, new technologies and is looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Generalist experience of handling diverse HR issues in UK
- Ability to observe appropriate confidentiality measures
- CIPD Qualified at level 5 or above
- Strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable approach
- Excellent communication – both written and oral, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to relate to employees at all levels
- Ability to be proactive to ensure risk to the business is always at a minimum.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships throughout the organisation
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation.