What We Do
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Who We Are
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
Where We Are
Blue Apron is a venture-backed, e-commerce company based in New York City, with additional offices in our New Jersey, California and Texas Fulfillment Centers. Launched in 2012, we have just over 200 employees in our Soho headquarters in New York City and have grown to over 4,000 employees across our National Fulfillment Centers.
What We Are Looking For
The Associate Manager, Learning and Development assists in all aspects of learning development and deployment. Tasks include, partnering with L&D management to design and develop programs using his/her knowledge of adult learning principles and ensure transfer of learning through effective instructional design methods. He/she must have strong facilitation skills and will be accountable to present the materials to cross-functional teams and national training partners both in person and via webinar/video conference. The Associate Manager will collaborate with the team to maintain existing learning materials and processes, prepare presentations, updating and maintaining project status reports and schedules, scheduling learning, drafting and sending learning communications, ordering learning supplies, refreshments and any other requirements for running a successful learning program. This role assists in all aspects of learning and performs other reasonable duties as related to job function.
About the role
This position will support learning content development efforts by performing the following functions.
- Deliver impactful classroom, web-based, and video-led learning programs
- Guide learning participants to success through strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Apply Adult Learning Methodologies and ADDIE principles to all course creation
- Liaison between the L&D team and departmental trainers and facilitators
- Work closely with training managers and learning ambassadors across the organization on the creation of learning curriculum and documentation.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for all course content development
- Develop, administer, and continually enhance course content
- Consult, assess, and recommend solutions to close performance gaps
- Assist in change management efforts by partnering with functional training leads to create learning materials and communications
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for learning initiatives
- Communicate learning opportunities to various internal audiences
- Make travel arrangements and schedule expert third party facilitators as necessary
- Coordinate learning functions by sending invites, scheduling rooms, refreshments
- Prepare materials for learning functions and meetings
- Arrange training venues (on and off-site), materials, and equipment
- Update and maintain L&D project status reports
- Maintain project risk and issues tracking
- Assist with the facilitation of project meetings
- Assist with management of a project schedule
- Maintain library of learning materials
- Receive and respond to requests for information via phone, e-mail, print and other sources regarding learning programs
Keep abreast of Learning and Development innovations to enable retaining a highly talented and diverse workforce
- Research and build relationships with outsourced vendors
- Screen potential learning vendors for quality, cost and potential use
- Construct curriculum and learning program structures within the learning portal or Learning Management System (LMS)
- Build and schedule instructor-led offerings within the LMS
- Assist in implementing updates/upgrades to LMS technologies
- Perform all LMS system and user administrator tasks
- Provide support to additional LMS system administrators and end-users
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in an HR/Learning position
- Sound facilitation and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to present to cross-departmental project teams, management, virtual and in-person train-the-trainer workshops.
- Practical experience with instructional design and procedure writing
- The ability to research, analyze information, and form recommendations
- Strong organizational, change management and project management skills with proven experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with strong business acumen
- Ability to exercise integrity, discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a national team
- Must be resourceful, adaptable, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Technical saavy with the ability to learn new systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient using Box, Smartsheet and Google Applications (Gmail, Calendar and Drive)
- Proficient using Mac computers
- Experience working within a Learning and Development department and Learning Management Systems is a plus
- Unwavering commitment to service and quality