An FDA is the primary point of contact for the community and acts as the “face” of WeWork.
Goals and Objectives
- Illustrate WeWork’s core values and strive to achieve our mission
- Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Create a welcoming and collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building relationships between members
- Ensure that your building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
- Take direction from the CM and ACM to support the Community Team as necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
Greeting /Point of Contact
- Be the first and last point of contact for your building
- Cover the front desk during business hours
- Greet and check-in member guests
- Greet people who come in for tours, track walk-ins, schedule tours, and send confirmation emails
- Manage Commons Member check-ins and check-outs
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials to guests/potential members
- Answer “walk-up” member and guest questions or refer inquirer to additional resources
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, event support, email and print communications
- Be active on the WeWork member network
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community
Events and Community Management
- Make posters for events
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages
- Prepare newsletter
Building Operations and Management
- Assist with move-ins and move-outs; prepare and distribute member welcome packets
- Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience
- Fielding and assigning requests submitted through Zendesk
- Manage keycard activations and bike room access requests where applicable
- Ensuring the building is clean and well kept
- Ordering consumables
- Submit building receipts to ACM or CM for expense reports
- Mail and Package responsibilities as needed
- Identify issues for escalation to ACM and CM and document accordingly
Experience and Requirements
- College graduate with a four year degree preferred, but not required
- Customer service and/or sales experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.