TransferWise is the clever new way to move money between countries. Co-founded by Skype’s first employee and backed by some of planet's most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson and PayPal founder Peter Thiel, we're disrupting the old word of banks and taking down a gazillion dollar industry in the process.
We are looking for a powerhouse Corporate Counsel to join our growing Legal Team and help take the Company to the next level. With a high degree of autonomy, you’ll be helping our Business and EU Teams and responsible for a wide range of commercial and compliance matters.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech or finance and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Previous firm or in-house experience, focusing on payments
- Proven aptitude for commercial contract structuring, drafting, and negotiating
- Strong interest and experience in regulatory, ideally consumer protection, data privacy and financial regulation
- A focus on impact, through trusted relationships and attention to detail
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills, including for partner relations
- A sense of camaraderie and good humor while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
What the role will entail
You will undertake a wide range of legal matters relating to our day to day and strategic initiatives. Alongside a primary focus on the Business and EU teams and products, you will also provide support on international matters. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on risk
- Working closely and building relationships with multiple business units across the Company and across markets, to advise on a wide range of legal matters and ad hoc problem as they arise, including financial regulation and consumer compliance, privacy, marketing standards, market entry, partnerships etc.
- Reviewing current practices and contracts.
- Staying up to date on legal developments and advising on future-looking initiatives
- Mentoring and upskilling the business teams, making life simple and easy.
This is a full-time position with our growing team in our awesome new Shoreditch office. Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, including salary and stock options
- 25 days’ holiday and an all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe
- Peace of mind with medical cover, pension and parental leave
- Many social events, including team lunches on Friday
- The chance to be part of one of THE companies of our time and get in early to be part of and help shape the Legal Team that helps take it to the next level.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, come help us build a beautiful future of money without borders!