Away is seeking an email and retention marketer to develop a best-in-class email marketing program as well as additional strategies to increase customer lifetime value. You will work closely with the Head of Growth Marketing and E-Commerce. The right candidate is excited to be an early employees at a new venture-backed consumer brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
What you'll do:
- Build Away’s email content, cadence, and segmentation strategy for promotional and triggered email programs and optimize all transactional emails
- Regularly develop new ideas for compelling content for customers and prospects and work with the creative team to manage the development of email creative across various programs
- Develop strategies to drive subscriber signups across multiple touchpoints
- Evaluate email / CRM platforms, automated marketing vendors, and predictive marketing platforms to build a best-in-class architecture
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing customer lifetime value beyond email, including but not limited to loyalty programs, referral programs, and more
- Work with customer insights and acquisition marketing teams to develop a better understanding of the Away customer and develop strategies and content accordingly
- Create a framework for measuring success for email and other retention channels
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in email marketing, retention marketing, or CRM. Prior e-commerce experience highly preferred
- Have deep experience with ESPs such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Bronto, Springbot, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of digital UX principles and a strong grasp of e-commerce storytelling and copywriting
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $11M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.