Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
We are looking to add an A/P Clerk to our rapidly growing team. This position will primary focus on A/P entry and other regular bookkeeping/accounting tasks, with growth opportunities in finance and operations. The ideal candidate will have good diction and writing skills, a BA/BS with good academic track record, bookkeeping knowledge, computer skills and an open attitude toward new responsibilities and challenges. Three or more years of substantial work experience preferred. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus, but not required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain accurate AP records and files to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Invoice posting & payment runs
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Good grasp of GAAP accounting principles
- Highly efficient in Excel
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Hustle - desire to take on ad hoc projects with an "all hands on deck" mentality
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.