We believe that technology can create good jobs, and we are motivated to build that future. We create good jobs for all of our employees, including the cleaners, assistants and handymen who help our customers run their offices.
Together, all of our employees make it easy to run offices. Hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management.
Engineering at Q
Our engineers build web and mobile apps to help office managers understand and manage their offices, and we build the fulfillment systems that help us deliver at high quality.
As our VP of Engineering, you’ll report to our CTO and be responsible for building and scaling a world class engineering team. The right person is a servant leader who has had prior success in scaling engineering teams.
- Lead and grow a world class engineering team, via recruiting outstanding team members and coaching our team to reach its potential
- Advance a culture of high performance, transparency, ownership, and learning
- Deliver valuable results at high speed
- Align individual goals with company goals
- Advocate for the engineering team
- As a company leader, execute on initiatives outside of engineering by collaborating with peers in other departments
- Collaborate with our CTO in setting Q’s technical strategy and in defining the principles by which the team operates
- Experience scaling a team from 10 to 50 in a high performing environment
- A network of talented engineers at multiple experience levels
- Deep working knowledge of multiple engineering processes
- High technical credibility — ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills
- A personality that meshes well with our team:
- Simplifies everything — communication, processes, and technology
- Favors results over activity
- Listens to others
- Says no and plays the bad cop when it’s necessaryModels optimism and calm in stressful times