HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
How the Role Will Develop
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for assisting in developing and growing HYPEBEAST's video platform. You will be expected to help brainstorm with the team and conceptualize new ideas while producing consistently for our video channels. In addition to our main online platform and social media channels, video duties will span onto areas involving Hypebeast's sister sites and larger external clients.
This position requires the ability to collaborate with the video producers and autonomously work on video content so that it is delivered in a timely manner. With a focus on New York, the video editor should also have a conscience on HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
- Responsible for video editing and assisting in productions
- Maintain a steady flow of high quality content for web and social
- Update YouTube channel, IGTV and other content platforms
- Brainstorm and develop new and innovative ideas with the team, elevating the aesthetic quality
- Work with the editorial team while bridging the gap between sales projects and original content
- Must be open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative team.
- 1 – 2 years of experience
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects)
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and stay calm under pressure
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+)
- Independent, detail-oriented, with a creative approach to video editing
- A team-player with the ability to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience with lighting and shooting on DSLRs and other HD cameras
This position is based in New York. Immediate availability is preferred. If you think you have what it takes to join the fast-growing and dynamic team, please send your portfolio, a cover letter and CV.