At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to tackle hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Blend is looking for a senior accountant who is passionate about taking charge of the general ledger and financial close processes. We are looking for those eager to establish accurate and complete financial records, reconciliations, and schedules and to streamline the annual financial audit. This role will report to the Financial Controller.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Execute general ledger functions
- Drive and develop best-practice monthly close processes, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Maintain and improve accounting processes
- Work collaboratively and communicate often with other internal departments for accounting dependencies
- Prepare and manage external auditors requests throughout annual audits
- Review and analyze financial statement transactions and variances
- Critical player in accounting software implementation
- Perform ad hoc assignments as needed
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience - Big 4 (3+ years), private industry (1+ years)
- CPA designation
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, controls, and systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong project and relationship management abilities
- High oral and written communication skills
- Precision/detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- NetSuite, Expensify, ADP experience preferred
- Software/technology industry experience a plus