We are looking for outstanding candidates to help support the growth of our firm. We seek professionals who have demonstrated high academic and professional achievement, leadership, communication skills, and have a strong interest in consulting.
From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem solving skills: Individuals at SSA have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions and communicate insights.
- Drive: SSA’s team sets ambitious goals and seeks professionals who are energetic, enjoy a fast pace environment and thrive in taking on responsibility.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ability to understand the actions of the client team putting into context the cultural background and differences
If this sounds like you, SSA might be a great fit for your career.
SSA & Company is seeking a world-class practitioner of process improvement consulting with Oil & Gas industry experience. This role will be responsible for assisting in managing the client relationship from beginning to end by applying Lean and Six Sigma techniques to lead and execute upstream (conventional or unconventional) LSS/CI project teams in delivering client benefits. Initial assignment will be located in The Middle East.
- Help build Lean Six Sigma capabilities at the Oil & Gas client via delivery of Training, Mentoring Lean Practitioners, Guiding leadership and delivering tangible financial and culture change impact
- Work with Managing Director and Senior Director to develop roll out execution plan
- Work with the SSA and client deployment team to implement roll out of the execution plan
- Ensure that the work provided is consistent with the firm’s domain expertise and beliefs and is delivered with high-impact, tangible results
- Support the firm’s activity in developing new business and developing intellectual property.
- Extensive travel to client locations; international travel required
- Must have a minimum of 8 years Lean and Six Sigma experience operating from a strategic perspective in driving tactical and operational improvements
- Black Belt or Lean Master Certification required, Master Black Belt a plus
- Must have planned, executed, and followed up on multiple kaizen events as well as partnership with client leadership to embed lean thinking into the culture.
- Must have held roles of either Engineering Director or Engineering Manager in the R&D, Development or Manufacturing Process Design domains
- Must be an engineer with good analytical capacity
- Prior experience coaching and mentoring in an engineering environment
- Proven record of innovation and pushing the technology envelope in an engineering setting
- Ability to weave in the Engineering Innovation into a repeatable Lean Process
- Experience operating in the Middle East a plus
- 5 yrs experience leading and executing Oil and Gas - Petroleum Engineering (WRM, DP, NO or Exploration) projects, with a clear demonstration and track record of success a plus
- Education: Engineering Undergraduate degree required, Advanced Engineering degree a plus
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to think, guide and mentor in multiple formats engaging with a very high IQ technical client team
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- Tolerance and deep understanding to cultural nuances (Eg: Value of starting a meeting on time vs. not and its implications in a relationship context)
- Must be a self-starter with a commitment to high quality
- Results-oriented professional
- Excellent leadership, ethics, communication (written and oral), project management and interpersonal skills required
About SSA & Company:
SSA & Company is a management consulting firm that helps companies execute on strategy for world-class performance – from fast-cycle, targeted process improvements to a total rethinking of a company’s operating model. Born out of Lean Six Sigma and refined through ongoing innovation, SSA & Company’s approach improves execution within client organizations and builds sustainable skills and capabilities within client teams. Whether working with Fortune 50 corporations or private equity portfolio companies, SSA & Company delivers quick, game-changing results that add value immediately, and over time. SSA is part of G100 Companies, a unique business partnership that combines the world’s best C-level learning communities with a handful of premier professional services firms. G100 Companies helps the most distinguished companies and executives to drive performance, learning, strategy, and reputation.
We have offices in New York (HQ), Aspen, London, Milan, Munich, Paris, Bangalore, Beijing and Shanghai.