At NaturalMotion we design and create innovative free-to play mobile games, with jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. To continue innovating at the highest-level, we are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the Dawn of Titans team in London.
You will be joining a team of passionate, talented, and ambitious, designers, programmers and artists, to work on a new project that has ambitions to exceed our already high-standards. As a passionate game designer, this is your opportunity to shine in the growth area of the industry – to take a game currently in soft launch, and working with an incredible team helping to deliver it to the global market.
Your role will help ensure the game launches on-time and then continues to deliver engaging and creative events and content.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create fun, intuitive, and elegant designs for a variety of game systems and content
- Drive game features from concept to implementation. Wireframe designs and collaborate with product managers, developers and artists execute on the vision.
- Produce clear, concise design documents, user experience stories, and wireframe screens and flows.
- Tune and model complex systems using Excel with an understanding of how tuning choices impact player journey and game economies
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
- Write copy, names, and narrative elements of game
- Remain up-to-date with game design literature and best practices to be an evangelist for the craft of game design
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A deep understanding of free-to-play design and how to blend fun gameplay with monetisation.
- Outstanding game design documentation and presentation skills
- Experience balancing and testing tuning of free-to-play, level design and systems
- Understand learning curves, pacing, gaming compulsions, mobile UX, and what really motivates players.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to sell your ideas to the team and gracefully accept feedback.
- Competence working with data and using it to help inform design decisions and tuning.
- Experience using Excel for analysis and data creation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive mobile experience having shipped numerous high profile games
- Experience with free-to-play design on either web, console or mobile (iOS/Android)
- Passion for strategy and/or RPGs
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 23 days holiday
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus