Who is Jornaya
At Jornaya, we believe in using innovative technology and data that empowers companies to connect with their customers and prospects at the right time and in the most meaningful way. We take pride in helping our Customers achieve maximum value from our solutions and data to improve their digital marketing strategies in new and creative ways. When our Customers win, we win.
We got our start in 2011 by providing a solution that enables companies to evaluate the quality of online leads by witnessing the lifecycle of each lead. Since then, we've established a robust network of websites that provides us a unique view into hundreds of millions of online consumer events each month, and are leveraging this to deliver the surest signals of a consumer's intent and where they are in a buying journey.
Check out this video where our team gives a great overview about Jornaya and the value our products bring to the market.
About the Product Owner
This is a role for someone who may be currently in a Product Owner role already and is looking for a growth opportunity to advance their career to the next level. As the Product Owner at Jornaya, you will function as a servant leader enabling SCRUM teams to deliver business value in the software being developed. Other areas of focus include protecting teams from external interferences, resolving impediments that teams encounter and coaching teams in better ways of achieving software agility. More specifically:
- The role will begin by learning. You will be responsible for learning, understanding and defining the product vision from the perspective of the market and company; gaining an understanding the product’s goals within the overall strategy of the organization and represent these views to the SCRUM team
- You will work on highly strategic projects ; defining and building MVPs and testing those in the market . You will write user stories, facilitate grooming sessions to drive stories to ready-state, meeting the team’s “Definition of Ready”. You will build and manage a prioritized, backlog for multiple sprints.
- Your role will also be to foster transparency with the business such that the broader team understands the goals for each Sprint, each MVP and what was accomplished.
- You will be working with the Product Marketing team to present product iterations to clients and gain feedback to be brought back into the product roadmap.
- Participate in all SCRUM ceremonies including Daily Standup, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and Sprint Planning and poker planning sessions.
- This role will make decisions for what features should be incorporated into the product and prioritize those features for development.
- This role will evaluate build vs. buy decisions for technologies to be used in the product.
Qualifications We Are Seeking
- 2-3 years working as a Product Owner with a SCRUM team. Holding a Scrum Product Owner certification is a plus.
- Experience in both Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Experience with Agility tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Knows how to work independently, make informed decisions, and ask for guidance where needed.
- Can balance multiple priorities and drive initiatives to completion.
- Ability to understand both business and technical needs in order to facilitate the delivery of high-quality products
- Experience working collaboratively with other engineers, QA, and business-facing teams
- Attention to detail - does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Able to grasp and solve complex business issues quickly and creatively.
- Accepts and acts on constructive criticism while being a careful listener that uses that ability to connect closely with team members.
- Ability to question and challenge established practices, processes, and architecture.