Blue Apron is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to help open our new Austin Customer Experience office! This person will drive all of the day-to-day people process and employee relations functions in this new office.
About the role
The Human Resources Manager will support our corporate Customer Experience and office support teams. In this role, the HR Manager will be responsible for leading the charge on all people planning with the grand opening of our new office! The HR Manager will also be responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management and compensation, organization support, talent acquisition, learning and development. The successful candidate will serve as a forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key human resources initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business.
The Human Resources Manager will demonstrate sound moral character and judgment: decisions come from a fact-based and informed position. S/he will possess outstanding skills of influence and diplomacy and shall be challenging, proactive, courageous and inspiring. Key to success in this role is an eye for innovation and an adaptable and nimble approach.
- Lead the charge on all people planning involved with the opening of our new office.
- Work with Recruiters and Staffing Agencies to meet all hiring goals around the rapid growth of this office.
- Guide management through organizational development and change management initiatives including organization design, evolution, development, etc.
- Actively pursue knowledge of business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business.
- Build relationships with employees at all levels; assure that new recruits integrate effectively into the organization.
- Support the compensation review process to ensure consistent and fair decisions are made in regards to promotion, bonus and salary increases; provide training and counseling on the performance management process.
- Identify and lead workplace planning needs
- Participate in interview process for exempt level recruitment
- Provide information to leadership team regarding HR metrics (turnover, average days to fill open jobs, attendance, number of associates on disciplinary action, EEOC)
- Assess need for additional HR roles within the office and be prepared to manage their work assignments.
- Participate in and provide support for all employee inquiries related to payroll, benefits and employee relations
- Play strategic role in identifying areas of improvement for the Customer Experience officeand support growth within the building through effective succession planning
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a customer experience or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen: intellectually curious about organizational systems and structures, business strategies, and informed about emerging industry trends.
- Verifiable track record of success partnering with management, serving as a credible and trusted resource.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking: able to envision, distill, communicate, develop and implement short and long-term human resource/change management initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Technologically astute with experience with HRIS systems, project management tools and integration of systems to support the business.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Unwavering commitment to service and quality.